The Buccaneers were narrowly outplayed in N. Charleston on November 20th, losing a close one to the Buccaneers, 59-57. Charleston Southern kept it close from the beginning, up 38-31 at halftime, but the second half wasn't as strong and East Tennessee State pulled away at the end.
East Tennessee State controlled the game maintaining a statistical advantage in shooting and defensive rebounding.
The Buccaneers shot 42% from the floor, easily topping the Buccaneers, who struggled to a lowly 28% against a decent defense. East Tennessee State was too powerful at the basket, with 28 defensive rebounds to only 20 by Charleston Southern.
Arlon Harper was the leading scorer for the Buccaneers with 13 points in 33 minutes.
While it's still early, the Buccaneers have slipped to 1-3.
The next game features Alabama on the road on November 23rd.
Charleston Southern Game Notes:
- The top two scorers (Arlon Harper and Saah Nimley) accounted for 40.3% of the points.
- Charleston Southern started 1-3 during the 2004, 2003, 2001, 1999, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- Mathiang Muo had a career high with 5 offensive rebounds.
- Charleston Southern has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
East Tennessee State Game Notes:
- Lester Wilson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- The top two rebounders (Lester Wilson and Josh Walton) accounted for 41.0% of the rebounds.
- Lester Wilson accounted for 44.0% of the team's points.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Arlon Harper